Friday, July 8, 2011

Classy Carrot Cake Rice Pudding

I made rice pudding! That is some classy shit, is it not?

I bought this rice mix from the Whole Foods bulk bin that had brown rice, wild rice... fun stuff.


This... to this.



Classy Carrot Cake Rice Pudding
2 cups rice
5 apples
5 carrots
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves

I cooked it normal styles with twice the amount of water, brought to a boil, simmered for about 40 minutes. Chopped apples and carrots, cooked with the rice. Then I processed it all in the food processor! Happy times!

Still looks like rice at this point.


Mixy mixy.


Boom. I sprinkled some oats on top because it looked terrible as just a big brown glop. But this stuff is crazy delicious, I promise. And I love the wild rice -- because it's chopped up in the food processor, it gives it a great texture akin to walnut crumbles. I also just love wild rice.

I didn't sweeten the whole recipe so I could just sweeten each serving at will and save stevia.


Added almond milk. SO good.


Later on I tried it with almond milk and a little Sunwarrior vanilla protein powder -- this was so good! You should totally make this recipe, because it's really easy, extremely variable, and extremely tasty.

My day was good. I Skyped with my mom in the morning and then spent most of my day running auditions for An Apology. It was sweaty work, on my feet all day in an un-airconditioned building. It was at least 90 degrees today, but I had fun despite what a hot day it was. I did sneak out to go to my commercial audition, which was just silly fun. They auditioned us in groups and we didn't have any lines so it was mostly about the look and not too much about talent. Then I ran back to finish the auditions for An Apology and we had our post-audition meeting to plan for callbacks tomorrow. It sure is incredible working on the other side. And I had one girl who was super bitchy to me while I was running the auditions. I told the producer and director about it and she is NOT getting a callback. You can't be a bitch to anyone in this business! It's friendly happy times all the time! Yippee!

Tonight I went to a UCB show, and it was awesome. Big surprise there. Tomorrow I am running callbacks for An Apology. Have a good start to your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Erika!
    It’s summer and summertime means smoothies . . . great smoothies! I think we can all agree that there are few things better on a hot summer day than a delicious, cold smoothie. Great smoothie recipes like yours need to be shared and properly admired. It is time for all smoothie lovers to come together to honor the best that smoothies have to offer! Let the genius of your smoothie creation shine for all to enjoy!
    It is our honor at Sunwarrior to introduce our Smoothie competition. It is a forum for all of you secret smoothie geniuses to show off your skills and receive the recognition you deserve. The Rules of the competition are very simple.
    The Rules of the competition are very simple.
    · Limit of two smoothie recipe entries per person

    · All recipes should be dairy-free, any recipe with dairy can be submitted but they will be altered to be dairy-free

    · Since Sunwarrior is sponsoring this competition, recipes should use at least one Sunwarrior product.

    Ok. So this is how you submit an entry
    · First, take an attractive picture of your completed smoothie.

    · Then, post that picture on Sunwarrior’s Facebook wall with your full name and recipe in the caption.

    · Sunwarrior will compile entries into an album where all the voting will take place.

    · Finally, get your friends to go on Sunwarrior’s Facebook page to vote for your recipe by “liking” it!



    Hint* Once the Smoothie album is compiled on August 1st tag yourself in the Smoothie Contest album so that your entry will count…and so all your friends can easily find your recipe.

    Winners will be determined by the amount of votes (Like’s) they receive. The recipe with the most votes (Likes) wins! If you know that your recipe is the best, make sure you tell your friends to vote for you! Don’t be shy, competition will be fierce and the prizes awesome.
    · The top 50 winning recipes will receive a Sunwarrior T-shirt

    · The top 25 winning recipes will receive a Sunwarrior T-shirt plus a Sunwarrior shaker bottle and a whole week worth of Sunwarrior product

    · The top 5 winning recipes will receive a Sunwarrior T-shirt and Sunwarrior shaker bottle plus 3 free products of their choice!

    · The “Smoothie Genius of the Year” or overall winning recipe will receive a Sunwarrior T-shirt and Sunwarrior Shaker bottle plus a 6 month supply of Sunwarrior product!

    · With so much on the line being a part of our smoothie E-book and the incredible prizes - you will not want to miss this opportunity. Join us as we search for the world’s best smoothie recipe . . . it could be yours!

    facebook.com/SunWarrior

    ReplyDelete