Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Quinoa Salad and My Busy Life

On Friday night a (vegan) friend of mine hosted a potluck with about ten friends. I wanted to bring something tasty but also healthy that I would want to eat if I got stuck with leftovers, so I made a big quinoa salad! And then I kept a lot of it for me. =)

I just cooked up some quinoa and added a can of chickpeas, a red onion, a few carrots, a few cucumbers, and a miso seasoning. I used this cool stuff I found at Gelsons the other day:


It makes instant miso soup but also works great as a sauce. I also added spicy mustard and rice wine vinegar.




I ate quinoa salad leftovers on lettuce and spinach for the next couple days. Yum.



On Monday I started my improv 201 classes! I'm loving them already. My day was jam-packed and I was out of the house from 10 AM to 11:30 PM. I brought an apple, a grapefruit, and some edamame to eat throughout the day. After my improv class I went over to an actor friend's house where we've started a little cold reading class of our own just for practice. I went to Whole Foods for dinner and got some salad bar stuff:


That's a grilled peach, some kale, and broccoli. There are random couscous and tabbouli things under there.

Then I went to The Actors Network to see Donal Logue speak -- I loved Terriers and he had a great perspective on acting. Then I went to UCB for the 9:30 show. So maybe you can see why I haven't been great about blogging this week!

Yesterday I had improv class again. Parking is always really difficult but I impressed the heck out of myself by fitting into a small parallel parking space. I'm terrible at parallel parking and spacial reasoning in general so I was really proud of myself. So proud that I took a picture.


Wednesday is our day off from improv class but I have a bunch of other stuff to do, including going to The Actors Network to see Glenn Morshauer -- he's the actor who played Aaron on 24. Cool!

3 comments:

  1. Busy lady!

    The quinoa dish sounds so good---I'm a sucker for quinoa :)

    Nice parkin' job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the parking job -- some days it's the little things that bring us the biggest smiles. And how cool you will see "Aaron" from 24 -- we so enjoyed his character when we watched the show together. Glad to see you're busy busy and still making your own healthy food. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe looks unbelievable, I'm gonna try it really soon.
    I recently wrote an article on the health benefits of quinoa, check it out.
    http://www.theironyou.com/2011/03/more-on-quinoa.html

    Peace

    Mike @TheIronYou

    ReplyDelete