Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Shorts Rant

Ohh today was a scorcher! I had to leave off my weight lifting until well after the sun went down because it was just too hot.

Exercise:
Morning: 35 minutes bike, stretching
Evening: 20 minutes bike
weights/strength: triceps, quads, squats, outer thighs, deltoids

Food Diary:
Breakfast: Protein shake - chocolate hemp protein powder, almond milk
Lunch: Lentil/broccoli bowl
Snack: Dr. Praeger's veggie patty
Dinner: Lentil/broccoli bowl, pumpkin with stevia and frozen blueberries

Great news -- my step-dad is running for City Council in Bloomington, Indiana and today he won his primary election. He and my mom have been working their asses off, so I'm very happy for him!

I'm filming tomorrow and today I tried to figure out what to wear but I'm having some trouble. I'm supposed to be a private school student, so they wanted me to dress conservatively or school uniform-like. Low-budget projects often require the actors to supply their own wardrobe. Unfortunately, I don't own any clothes like that! I really don't own dressy or conservative clothes, and I got rid of all my polo shirts years ago. All of my skirts are short and not at all conservative. Crap. I went to the mall and couldn't find a polo shirt or pleated skirt in the entire damn place. Finally I went to Ross Dress for Less and looked in the little boy's section and bought a gray polo shirt for $7. I'm still a little SOL on a skirt so I'm thinking about wearing the shirt over my purple dress.

I tried on a couple pairs of shorts while I was at the mall and I hated all of them. I just don't understand why people want their shorts so tight and short! And why are all sizes of shorts equally proportionally short? I get that size 0 girls might want some booty shorts but I would think a size 8 might want a little butt room. I would love to go up a size if it would give me a little more length but all the shorts seem to be equally short and they just get bigger in the waistband. Ugh. Blah.

2 comments:

  1. I'd suggest your black dress under the polo and not the purple. Keep your colors to white, black, red, and gray. You can add in some plaid if you have it, but no other colors, in my opinion.

    Sucks about shorts. Sometimes you just need to wait until the styles change. Can you wear capris? Are they still in? Might have to tide you over until a longer short style comes back into fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that styles even will change. Shorts are always short, and longer ones look like mom shorts. Or retiree shorts.

    Capris.. I don't own any anymore.

    ReplyDelete