I've been waking up and doing my strength exercises in the morning and coming home and doing my cardio after class. So far that's been working well!
Last night I went to a friend's house to watch the season finale of Glee. They sent me home with some guacamole, hummus, and the last of a bag of pita chips, so I ate some of those today. I don't really think they're healthy but as a rare indulgence they are super tasty! Then when I got home my internet wasn't working, which is why I didn't post last night. Stupid Time Warner Cable.
Weights/strength: obliques, hamstrings, biceps
20 minutes dance
25 minutes bike
1) 1 serving seitan
2) 1 cup corn chowder with broccoli slaw and cauliflower
3) Pumpkin with protein powder
4) Raw broccoli and carrots with hummus and guacamole, 1 serving pita chips
Weights/strength: inner and outer thighs
30 minutes dance
20 minutes bike
1) Leftover rice and beans from Sunday's dinner (SaiSai Donburi Macro Bowl from Seed) with lettuce and hummus
2) 1 serving pita chips (the last, thank God)
3) pumpkin with protein powder
4) 1 small potato mashed with kale and nutritional yeast
5) Big salad with lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, and hummus
6) Chocolate almond milk
Today was not my favorite day of eating. I know that hummus and guacamole have "healthy" fats but any kind of higher-fat foods really don't feel good in my tummy and I remember why I avoid them. I know a lot of people eat veggies and then add calories through higher-fat foods but that just is not a good plan for me. I feel a lot better if I eat my higher-calorie foods in the form of low-fat protein.
I also realized when I was going through my pictures that I have a couple pictures from when I was on set a couple weeks ago that I hadn't posted yet.
This is the salad I constructed for myself from a very vegan-unfriendly lunch -- lettuce, carrots, salsa, and mustard.
And my friend and me on set.
Tomorrow I have improv class again and in the evening I'm going to an industry party! Hopefully it will be fun!