Monday, May 9, 2011

Buff Up Week 6 Recap

Six weeks of kicking my own butt! (Here's my original post "Confession: I wanna get buff," and recaps for week 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5).

My biggest discovery this week is that I need a gym membership. I'm just TOO buff and I need heavier weights! I'm not really getting sore anymore, even when I really try, and I like to get sore.

I've also put up the resistance on my bike. When I started, I was biking at resistance 1 or 2, just because I was going for cardio and speed intervals, and not really interested in resistance. But now those are just way way too easy so I'm keeping it on 7.


OK, that looks like 6.5. Whatever. It was an ACTION SHOT.

This week was good, and I don't have too much else to say for my recap. Except that I am in pretty good shape and I could probably kick your butt. Booyah.

(Or maybe I just feel extra confident/cocky late at night? Nooo that can't be it.)

Yesterday's food/exercise:
60 minutes bike
Weights/strength: inner/outer thighs, glutes
stretching

Food:
Corn chowder with broccoli slaw, broccoli, cauliflower, and seitan
Lentil soup
Almond milk with carob powder
More corn chowder and broccoli

Today's food/exercise:
Exercise: 20 minutes bike
10 minutes shadowboxing
20 minutes walk/jog/sprint
Weights/strength: abs
stretching

Food Diary:
Breakfast: Corn chowder with broccoli slaw, broccoli, cauliflower, and seitan (just like yesterday)
Lunch: Lentil soup with broccoli
Dinner: 1 serving seitan, 2 servings edamame, almond milk with carob

Last night I had Mortal Kombat night with two of my friends. We watched the new Mortal Kombat webseries and the first movie. It was fun!


There was wine, so it was classy.

Today I skyped with my Mom for two and a half hours. What a nice Mother's Day!! In the evening I went to UCB - the Upright Citizens Brigade - for the ASSSSCAT improv show. I know that isn't very self-explanatory. UCB is an improv troupe founded by Amy Poehler and others forever ago, and now it's the hot place to take improv classes. I'm going to start classes there soon so I wanted to see a show first. I just need to decide whether I want to take normal once-a-week classes or whether I want to go balls-to-the-wall and do the intensive, where I'd take 8 classes in two weeks.


Oh yeah and I looked cute. But it was cold in there. :( An old man told me that I should put some clothes on. Yay! Nobody has told me that since I violated dress code in high school!

No comments:

Post a Comment