Sunday, April 10, 2011

Roasty Veggies and Rock-Hard Buns

This morning I had a workshop with a couple of Disney casting directors. It was fascinating because I performed a scene for both of them at the same time, and then they filled out separate evaluation forms. They saw the exact same performance, and they both work for the same channel, but they didn't necessarily have the same opinion. They rated me on a scale from needs improvement, satisfactory, good, very good, to excellent on multiple qualities like choices, listening, energy level, headshot accuracy, etc. Both were very nice and thought I did well, and I didn't get anything lower than a "good," but the girl gave me a few "good's" where the guy gave me "excellent's." If that makes sense. For example, she thought my headshot was just good, and he thought it was excellent. She thought my focus was good, he thought it was excellent. Stuff like that. I really appreciate both of their feedback and had a lot of fun, and I don't just want to hear how awesome I am all the time, but it was interesting to see that in this business, it really does all come down to individual taste and perception.

Because it was a Disney workshop, it was almost all kids. There were a few teenagers, and one girl who is a sophomore in high school asked me what grade I'm in. I just said that I graduated. Heh. =)

After the workshop I came home to work out outside in the 55 degree weather. So, you know, chilly.





Silly lunge where I talk to myself and say, "Oh, in case you were wondering, yes, I have a great butt." Do I have rock-hard buns? Uhm... not quite. I just thought it was a funny thing to put in the title of the post. And why do I have to stick my stomach out? I don't know, I'm on a quest to make myself unattractive.

The really annoying thing about taking pictures of myself in that mirror is that the mirror is also the door to my closet, which means it's always covered in fingerprints. And I try to clean it and get it all smudgy. Blah.

For dinner I roasted up a bunch of brussels sprouts:


And a large kabocha squash:


Everything seasoned with seasoned salt, garlic powder, and garam masala. Cinnamon added to squash, too.

Bright green after 20 minutes at 450:

Gave it ten more at 500.


YUM.


Got the same treatment. Equally YUM. Veggies are so good when you roast them to the point of falling apart. Rawrr.

Food Diary:
Breakfast: coffee
Lunch: Corn chowder with broccoli slaw, broccoli, and cauliflower (shocker, right?!)
Snack: 1 serving edamame
Dinner: a few cups of brussels sprouts and kabocha squarsh

Just try saying squarsh instead of squash. It's more fun.

And now I have lots of roasted leftovers! Yippee!

Exercise:
20 minute walk (that included a lot of running backwards. Don't ask me why, but it was fun)
Weights: biceps, triceps, lower back, obliques, glutes
stretching
50 minutes bike
some dancing, of course

Glutes are another muscle group that I have a hard time working to fatigue - I can always get them to burn, but then they feel fine later - so I really tried today. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. My attempt to get my deltoids sore on Thursday totally worked.

Make sure to come back tomorrow for embarrassing pictures I took of my biceps!

(Why I like to humiliate myself, I have no idea. Good topic for therapy in the future, perhaps. Today I wrote on a friend's Facebook wall about a naughty dream I had about this random actor we saw. I just thought it was hilarious, but I do wonder about my compulsive need to overshare. HAHHAH)

No comments:

Post a Comment