Friday, April 8, 2011

I'm a Broccoli Monster

I was so busy yesterday that not only did I not have time to blog, but I actually had no time to exercise or even eat! First thing I had acting class, and before I went I had some tea for breakfast. Tea! I know, right? Who am I?


It's good, though. It does say it's richly spiced and energizing, so I suppose it's not a surprise that I like it. I like flavors that say STRONG and BOLD. Relaxing or mild are not for me!

I brought edamame with me to class to eat on my break. After class I came home and just had enough time to do some online submissions for acting jobs and then a couple guys from my hometown came and picked me up. I didn't know them very well back in Indiana but they just moved out here so we're going to be better friends now! I took them to Hollywood and Highland to see the Walk of Fame, Grauman's Chinese Theater, and all that stuff. Then we went and saw The Adjustment Bureau, because one of them is a manager at an AMC theater and gets free movie tickets. Yayy!

The Adjustment Bureau is based on a Philip K. Dick story, so it's a bit out there, but it was fun. Matt Damon is always fun to watch and Emily Blunt plays a contemporary ballet dancer and serves as some major workout inspiration.


I couldn't find a good picture or one of her dancing, but at least you can kinda tell how buff she got.

I didn't get home until about 10:30 and I was famished. I whipped up one of my standard bowls of corn chowder, broccoli slaw, and broccoli. Delicious and done in two minutes. Normally I would have squeezed in a workout right then, but I had WORK to do. Real work! I was doing some freelance Spanish translation that I needed to get done before the morning and it took me a few hours and then I went right to sleep.

This morning I woke up and did another hour of translation work. It felt good to challenge my brain! I didn't have time to work out in the morning because I had to prepare for an audition at 2. The audition went great, though! It was super fun and I made the casting director laugh.

After I got home I couldn't wait to SWEAT!

Exercise:
60 minutes bike
15 minutes dance
40 minutes weights - biceps, triceps, back, hamstrings, obliques, squats, deltoids
stretching

It's very easy to know how long I worked out when I measure it in TV shows. I did weights the entire time I watched an episode of the show Lights Out (which is really good but just got canceled). Then I rode the bike for an episode of The Daily Show and two episodes of The Colbert Report. When I was a kid, my mom measured time in lengths of Sesame Street and Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. Now I measure in Daily Shows. =)

I can never seem to strengthen my deltoids - I work them, feel a lot of pain, and then they're not really sore the next day and I can never build them up. I worked them so hard today I had to jump up and down to let out the pain. But lest you think I was torturing myself, it felt good in a weird way.

Food Diary:
Breakfast: oatmeal with pumpkin and peanut flour
Lunch: Corn chowder with broccoli, cauliflower, broccoli slaw
Dinner: Spinach salad w/ sauerkraut, pico de gallo, and spicy mustard; veggie bowl - lentil soup and corn chowder, broccoli slaw, broccoli, cauliflower, kale
Pumpkin pudding

I ate so much broccoli today. See how big this mug is? It was almost full of broccoli.


And yes, I use this mug a lot. I just handwash it. I like its size and shape much more than regular bowls.


My dinner veggie bowl. Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, kale, corn, lentils, and split peas are all in here. Flavored with kelp powder, garlic and onion mix, and nutritional yeast.

I sometimes feel bad about eating such repetitive meals, but I can't help myself. I just start loving one meal and I want to eat it all the time!

I was also excited today because a new credit finally showed up on my IMDb. It's the webseries I filmed last October. Now I just can't wait to see it!

4 comments:

  1. Wow how awesome that you are on IMDb! I am new to your blog and am so glad that I found it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad you like the blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love broccoli, I eat it raw with hummus alllll the time! That tea looks good, I have a new found love for chai so I may pick it up next time I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I saw that on your blog! Broccoli and hummus is an awesome combo. And that tea MUST be good if I like it, because I am not a tea drinker.

    ReplyDelete