Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fashion Friday (on Sunday): Sweaty Purple Hair

I didn't do a Fashion Friday post this week, mostly because I have developed an allergy to planning. But also because my #1 look this week has been sweaty and makeup-free. But I made a realization today... I look good sweaty!



Right? Hahahah.

But I did do something to my appearance this week... I dyed my hair.. PURPLE! And no, that's not an April Fool's joke, it's just an exaggeration. I actually dyed it a color called burgundy black. I'm not supposed to dye my hair because I have to match my headshots, and you can barely tell that I changed it because it was already so dark. It just looks purply in the sunlight. I like it. =)

Looks the same...


Bam, sunshine.



This is not anywhere close to the craziest haircolor I've had. That award would go to the blue hair that got me fired from my movie theater job in high school. But this is like... a secret rebellion that only I notice. Yeahhh I'm weird.


Triceps and upper back are sore from lifting yesterday. Inner thighs are sore, probably from the running. And my... sides (?) are sore from side bends. There are a couple exercises that will always make me sore -- dead lifts for hamstrings, and side bends for my... sides. Once again, I do not know what to call that part of the body. Seriously, what is the name? Is it my obliques? It doesn't really feel like it. Hmm. I don't know. (Actually... I take this back. I think it is the obliques, because later, I laughed and my obliques hurt.)

Exercise:
Morning:
Pilates strength moves - inner/outer thighs, abs
stretching

Afternoon:
Weights/strength: Biceps, quads, lower back, squaaaats
40 minutes bike
stretching

Food Diary:
Breakfast: Cracklin' Oat Bran with almond milk
Lunch: 1 serving edamame, 1 cup corn chowder with broccoli slaw and cauliflower
Dinner: 1 serving TJ's beefless strips; sprouts with sauerkraut and hot mustard; veggie bowl with lentils, beans, broccoli slaw, broccoli, cauliflower, and nutritional yeast; pumpkin almond milk

Any day that has kale and sprouts is a good day.


I had an audition at 12:30, so I did a little working out beforehand and then worked out again once I got back. I am such an obsessive person! Once I get into something I just don't stop.

Tonight I watched Stick It with my roommate and a friend. It's a gymnastics movie. I love gymnastics, and I tried to do it for many years even though I was not good. Don't get me wrong, my cartwheels and roundoffs are pretty bad-ass and I can still do the splits but I never really had the requisite skills. And I have tiny wrists prone to breaking. Yay. But anyhow, Stick It is awesome and motivates me to work on my abs! Holy crap those girls are strong!

2 comments:

  1. You're on a workout roll! I love that feeling of being sweaty and feeling a little sore to prove it's working.
    Love the hair!

    I also love Stick It...I used to be obsessed with gymnastics, but never made it very far. It just wasn't in the cards...but I still love the idea of it. Yoga can sometimes sub in for my gymnastics desire :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I do love to watch gymnastics, and I still wish I was better. I agree that yoga can scratch that itch a bit... but then I always want to start dancing!

    ReplyDelete