Monday, April 4, 2011

Buff Up Week 1 Recap

So it's been one week of my new exercise strategy. It's going great! I've been working out a couple times a day and trying to keep active throughout the rest of the day. I've been trying to lift to fatigue (even though I'm using really light weights, because that's what I have) and spending probably 45 minutes a day on strength training. I also have been stretching more because I've been so sore. I'm very glad I'm stretching more because I love feeling flexible and limber.

This might sound crazy, but I really think I can feel a difference in my biceps -- they feel stronger. Is that possible?

Food Diary:
Breakfast: coffee, a couple pieces TJ's beefless strips and kabocha squash
Lunch: 1 cup corn chowder with broccoli slaw and cauliflower
Snack: 1 serving edamame, 1 Dr. Praeger's patty, 1 serving TJ's beefless strips, 1 cup corn chowder

Exercise:
Morning: 45 minutes bike, stretching, 10 minutes shadowboxing
Evening: 10 minutes bike; yoga and stretching


My inner thighs, abs (especially over my ribs), and quads are very sore from yesterday. I figured I'd make today a rest day from weights so that I know every muscle group has time to recuperate.

Besides my workout today I talked to my mom on Skype and had a workshop with a commercial agent. I only recently started attempting to work in commercials -- I'd never thought much about it but a couple people whose opinions I respect recently told me I could do well in commercials. Today was my first time reading commercial copy for someone else, and it went very well! It's even fun! Acting is always fun.

Now I'm watching Mad Men. I loooove Mad Men; it's totally worthy of all the hype. I just started season 4 and it's still great but I'm not sure anything could surpass the last couple episodes of season 3!

2 comments:

  1. That's great that your workout strategy is working for you! I'd say you can definitely feel strength gains in only a week, especially in small muscle groups like the biceps!

    That's very cool about attempting to work in commercials!
    I haven't watched Mad Men, but I'm thinking I might try to get it on iTunes. I keep hearing great things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All right, I'm glad I'm not just imagining feeling stronger. =)

    You definitely should check out Mad Men. I got into it late and rented it from Netflix. It's so good!

    ReplyDelete