Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Beets and Sauerkraut, Pickle with Horseradish

I had a busy day getting ready to go out of town tomorrow and then at the LA Actors Tweetup tonight! I'm exhausted. And I ate a couple weird food combos today, which explains the name of the post.


Food Diary:
Breakfast: 1 serving TJ's Chickenless strips, 1/2 serving edamame
Lunch: Roasted kabocha squash and brussels sprouts
Dinner: Spinach salad with beets, sauerkraut, and mustard (divine combo), more roasted kabocha squash
Snack: Pickle with horseradish, hummus and pita

I went to the LA Actors Tweetup tonight and afterwards went to Canters Deli with a couple friends. It was 1 AM and I was starving so I got hummus and pita, which I shared with my friends - all the hummus got eaten, but only about half the pita - and I ate a pickle that I smeared with horseradish. It might seem crazy but it's actually quite tasty.

I had planned on doing another workout when I got home from the Tweetup but I stayed out so late that the plan got scrapped. Oh well!

Exercise:
Weights/strength: abs, biceps, chest, quads
40 minutes bike
stretching

I'm flying out to Kansas tomorrow. Can't wait to see my family! :)

2 comments:

  1. What's the flavor like with those chicken-less strips? I tried a fake grilled chicken patty from whole foods the other month or so and almost gagged...the texture was so close to real chicken and the flavor was just nasty-tastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the chickenless strips... I would say they are reminiscent of the chicken you would get in fajitas. But things that are too meaty don't make me gag (just suspicious). Have you ever tried the Morningstar spicy chik patties? Those are awesome.

    ReplyDelete