Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Airplane Travel and Trip to the Dentist

I'm back in LA! First I had to leave this little guy:
Ughh, break my heart.
BTW, he's eating his snack on the windowsill, like a stand-up cafe! Isn't that so cute? I love it.

I spent most of yesterday in airports, from about 1PM to 9PM Pacific time. But before I left I ate a big bowl of broccoli with a little leftover split pea soup:

Flavored with some of this crazy stuff I found in my dad's fridge:

It's like spicy jelly!

I also had two Amy's bistro burger patties before I left -- I managed to eat all of the food I bought for the week. Proud of myself.

In the airport and on the airplanes I ate my snacks I packed -- a sliced red bell pepper, a serving of edamame, and three small oranges. I actually thought the oranges were bigger but once I peeled them they kind of resembled clementines. I was pretty hungry by the time I got home so I ate some pumpkin with peanut flour and stevia, a favorite sweet snack of mine.

Moving on to today! I started out the day with a good workout.

Exercise:
10 minutes bike
Weights: biceps, triceps, abs, obliques
25 minute walk

Still taking it easy on the cardio front, and I will continue to do so for a couple more days. I'm also not really working my leg muscles because surprise, surprise, everything connects to your butt and I just really don't want to aggravate that muscle. Urgh.

I had a dentist appointment today, my first one since moving to LA. Yes, I've been a bit lax in that department. But I do take great care of my teeth -- I brush at least twice a day, I don't really eat sugar, and I floss every day and I always have. So the dentist said my teeth look great! He also said they're the perfect shade of white. Yay! Oh, and... my dentist is really good-looking. I wanted to tell him he's the best-looking dentist I've ever seen but I decided that might make him uncomfortable. But in general I do like to spread the compliments because you never know when somebody hasn't heard it before.

After my appointment I went to Target. I had a nice gift card and I bought myself two dresses! I really need more non-pants options and I didn't have any luck with shorts. Shorts all seem to be either too tiny or too frumpy and mom-ish. No, thanks. But no fear, you will see those dresses this Fashion Friday.

I stopped into TJ's to get some provisions and came home just long enough to put my groceries away when I decided to go to a TAN event. So I shoved a little food in my mouf and scurried out the door to hear a TV director talk. And now I have to go to bed because I have to get up early!

Food Diary:
Pre-Workout: Coffee
Breakfast: Veggie bowl - lentils, broccoli slaw, broccoli, spinach, nooch
Lunch: Dr. Praeger's veggie burger
Dinner: Spinach salad with beets, sauerkraut, sweet hot mustard, and balsamic vinaigrette; 2 servings edamame
Snack: Pumpkin with peanut flour and stevia and hemp protein powder

Tomorrow I'm working on the set of a short film all day as a PA (Production Assistant). An acquaintance posted on Twitter that they were looking for some help so I volunteered. That's just what I do -- whenever anyone says they need help with something, I say I can do it. The only bad part is the waking up early, and that I won't have enough time to get a good workout in. But I am going to wake up extra early so I can at least lift some weights!

I gotta ask -- do you floss every day? I wonder how many people do. So no judgments, just curiosity! I do floss every day, with very few exceptions. It's a habit and I would feel weird skipping it.

3 comments:

  1. I floss every day! Twice a day at least.

    What are some of your favorite on-set snacks?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twice a day! Wow!

    My favorite on-set snacks are grapefruits and edamame. Grapefruits are surprisingly filling, so I bring one to eat at lunch, and edamame is filling and you can cram it in your mouth whenever you get a second!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you were pretty busy. And congrats to the success at the dentist's office. It's important to go there. But when you can't, it pays to remember to brush and floss.

    Flossing is definitely useful. It helps remove the stuff that your toothbrush can't reach, so good for you to have that habit.

    P.S. I'm sure the dentist will be flattered by the compliment. XD

    ReplyDelete