Friday, March 11, 2011

Fashion Friday: Dressing Up for the Edison Downtown

Last Saturday I went to the Edison downtown, a bar located in the basement of an old manufacturing plant with a 1920's theme. There's a dress code (no tennis shoes seemed to be the only enforced requirement) and lots of people dress up in vintage clothes. I didn't think the bar was super fun because there isn't any dancing (and what else are you supposed to do at a bar?) and it's the kind of place people go with dates, so I couldn't even mack on any dudes. Haha. But it was still fun to hang out with my friends and get dressed up!


Me and a friend of mine. Her iPhone takes pretty good pictures!


Tanktop: from the $5 bin at Urban Outfitters in 9th grade
Skirt: $7 from Plato's Closet
Tights: bought in China
Shoes: Bought at Pitaya in Bloomington in high school
Belt: Red faux suede belt I bought in middle school


My jewelry was so awesome, if I may say so myself. Matching necklace and earrings of my grandma's, and a big ornate brooch of hers.


Target jacket that I ended up leaving in the car.


So it wasn't a vintage look, though my jewelry was vintage, but I thought it was fun. And I tried my similar-colors-together look again, with coral, red, and maroon. I liked it!

Today I'm going to acting class and again tomorrow. Then I am SO EXCITED because my brother is coming to visit for an entire week! He gets here really late on Saturday. I can't wait!

Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I love the 1920s! Great Gatsby = one of the best books of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit! I love how you put things together without spending tons of money.

    Sounds like a fun place to go, but I'm with you on the dancing---what the heck else are you supposed to do there?!

    Have fun at acting class...and with your bro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faith -- SO AGREE! I looooove The Great Gatsby. It's an amazing book.

    Lisa -- Thank you! My friends think I'm cheap but I think I'm just thrifty. =)

    ReplyDelete