Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Chocolate Pumpkin Pudding; Chinese Skirt

Today was a relaxed, productive day. I worked out on the bike and lifted weights, wrote postcards to follow up with casting directors I've met, checked out 8x10 proofs for my new headshots, went grocery shopping, posted my old twin bed on Craigslist, and talked on the phone to everyone I know. OK, not quite, but I talked on the phone a lot.

Today I have a recipe that is delicious but I must warn you -- there is no way to make this look appetizing. It just looks gross.

Avocado puddings (aka chocomole) are popular in the raw food world because of their creamy texture, but they're very high in calories and fat. For a lower-fat and lower-calorie option, try pumpkin pudding instead!


Chocolate Pumpkin Pudding
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/16 tsp stevia (maybe?)
1 tsp cocoa powder
2 tsp ground flax

Mix. That's it. I love how flax tastes and I like that the flax makes the pumpkin less mushy, so I like to add quite a bit. Stevia is very sweet, so don't overdo it.

Ingredients -
Ground flax, canned pumpkin, stevia, cocoa powder.

I bought the flax whole and ground it in my coffee grinder, and then keep the grounds in the fridge.

I bought the Nunaturals stevia in bulk at Nature Mart and it's very sweet so it will take me forever to use this amount.


Flaxy.

And here's an outfit post for the day -- I wore this to acting class last Friday.


Tanktop: Urban Outfitters, bought in the $5 bin in 9th grade
Skirt: Bought in China
Sandals: SimplyVera Vera Wang for Kohls ($35-ish?)

Isn't that skirt awesome?

Makeup -- champagne-colored eyeshadow with purple eyeshadow applied as eyeliner with an eyeliner brush.


My brother tried on a shirt at that store in China where I bought the skirt.


He didn't end up buying it.

3 comments:

  1. Love the skirt! Also love the pumpkin pudding idea. I definitely OD on avocado pudding, and I find when I eat it that I don't need to each much else at all (and that stinks because I love to eat!).

    I'm so inspired by you and your motivation to make it in the business! I also wish you could give me make up lessons :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love pumpkin pudding and that pic of your brother just made my day. Too funny :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa - Thank you so much! I am very motivated. And I actually bought my mom eyeshadow and taught her how to apply it for Christmas one year. =)

    Shannon - I know, that picture just makes me laugh so much. I had to post it.

    ReplyDelete