Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Yams with Peanut Flour

What a great response to the Stylish Blogger Award! If you haven't looked at yesterday's post yet, check it out and discover some new bloggers. =)

I had my first free acting class today at the Actors Workout Studio, and I had to show up for an interview at 9:45 and then stayed for class from 10:30-2. The class is based on the Meisner Technique and we did Repetition exercises where you look at the other actor, make a physical observation about them, and the two people repeat it over and over until eventually they talk about how they feel about the other actor. It sounds boring but some interesting things can happen -- TWO people cried. I was not one of them.

Today's food was pretty boring - edamame and salad with roasted beets and another McDougall soup, this time split pea:

It doesn't look like much but it's good.

Yesterday I had a sweet potato that I roasted at 425 for about 45 minutes (cut off the ends, stab a few times with a knife, and put a pan below to catch drippings). I found an amazing new way to eat yams:


Flavored with cinnamon and peanut flour.


I had some left over from when I made my world-famous Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies a few months ago.


I don't bake cookies very often so the rest of the flour has just been sitting around. I'm glad I thought to use it on yams, though, and next time you make a yam you should try it! It also thickened the texture a little, as flour is wont to do, and I liked that. I'm sure it would taste great with white sweet potatoes, too.

Do you like yams/sweet potatoes?
Have you ever used peanut flour?


5 comments:

  1. I am currently addited to sweet potatoes and had one for lunch with peanut butter! Soooo good! I bet peanut flour is amazing too though.

    By the way, the $2 theatre that I go to is The Academy in pasadena. They have a bunch in LA though, here's the website!
    http://www.regencymovies.com/main.php?theaterId=8

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep McDougall soups at my desk in case I forget to bring in lunch or I'm there late and the split pea is my favorite (followed by the lentil).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maryann - Thanks so much for the tip! I can't wait to see a $2 movie!!

    Jesse.anne.o - I haven't tried all the flavors yet, but I like what I've tried so far. They're tasty and really healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what an interesting approach to using peanut flour! I bought a bag ages ago and then never touched it. Thanks for the reminder, I need to think about baking with it asap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hannah - Peanut flour is surprisingly easy to use. I just made up that cookie recipe and it worked great!

    ReplyDelete