Make a post and link back to the person who awarded me - Madeleine.
Share seven things about myself.
Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
Contact these bloggers and tell them they've won.
Whew. That's a lot of facts and bloggers!
Seven facts about me that you may not already know...
1) I was born in Schwäbisch Hall, Germany, and German was my first language.
2) My first acting role was my star turn at age 4 as Thumbelina in Hans Christian Andersen's Fairytales at the Army Community Theater in Fort Knox, Kentucky. I got lots of fan mail from elementary school students forced to see the show!
3) I am obsessed with languages, and besides German and English I have studied or know many languages to a certain degree (some better than others): Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, French, Italian, Arabic, Swahili, ASL, and Russian.
4) I don't really ever want to get married, have kids, or own a house. But I accept that I may change my mind on any of these things.
5) I worked at a movie theater in high school and made $5.15 an hour and never got a raise.
6) I have a really raunchy, stupid, and sarcastic sense of humor and I attempt to constantly censor myself so I don't offend people, ruin all my relationships, and jeopardize my future.
7) I've looked exactly the same since I was 15. I also haven't grown an inch since I was 12.
Proof - Me in 2005/2006
Me a couple weeks ago:
I'm going to nominate a couple people who probably already got the award or would have no interest in such an award, so obviously they don't have to do it, but I still want to recognize them and publicize them because I love their blogs. Shout-out time.
1) Melanie at The Streets I Know - a vegan fashion blog!
2) Vulgar wheat at Hyper-Nerdy Veganism, all about eating vegan in college.
3) Kayla at Babe in Soyland. I just discovered this blog and it has the cutest 70's theme.
4) Andrew/VegMuffinMan. Right now he's doing a Veganomicon challenge.
5) AJ at Queer Vegan Runner. I'm pretty sure she's already had this honor bestowed but seriously, just read that blog title. She's cool.
6) Faith at Lovely As Charged. (not all vegan, btw) She's just an open, honest person.
7) Madeline at Me and Chew. I know her in real life eeek!
8) Netty at Veganes Tagebuch. It's in German, y'all.
9) Frollein Holle at Tierfrei-Mampfen. Another German blog.
10) Raw-Girl at Raw Girl in Mumbai. She's a raw vegan in Mumbai now tell me you are not interested!
11) Elaine at Clothed Much. I just discovered this blog - it's a modest fashion blog. As in, dressing modestly. I'm not religious or particularly modest but I think it's cool.
12) Jesse at jesse.anne.o. Vegan fashion, plus, she wears flats. Yeahh.
13) The Kid of Kid in the Front Row. It's a film blog, because I'm allowed to have more interests, mmkay?
14) Liz at ¡Yo Soy! She's also an LA vegan in the entertainment industry say whaaat!
15) Whitney at Eco-Vegan Gal. She's eco-friendly, vegan, and in LA.
Arghh that was hard! I tried to mention blogs without a ton of attention because it's fun to find new blogs, not just publicize popular ones, and I'm not sure how well I did. I tried. So if I didn't include your blog, it's because you are just too popular.
Today I met my PowerGroup buddy at Starbucks to discuss our career accomplishments and goals. Then I went to Trader Joe's to pick up some veggie burgers that they were out of yesterday. I've come to realize that I need some easy food around because I don't know when I'm going to be on the run and need something easy.
Nice ingredient list, eh? Let's check out the burg itself.
The taste reminded me somewhat of chik patties. I liked it.
Obviously, I love that these burgers are totally made out of veggies. They are veg-tastic.
Cost less than $3.50 a box at TJ's.
You don't even need condiments. They tasty.
They totally fall apart. But, I cooked it in the microwave and you are not supposed to do that, so I'm sure it's my fault.
They're higher in fat than I would like.
All in all, I recommend them and I enjoyed them quite a bit.
In other news, thank you so much to Averie - I won some stevia in her giveaway! I can't wait to blog about it when I get it. =)
I must be on a lucky streak, because I won a free month of acting classes at the Actors Workout Studio from a raffle at ActorFest and my first class is tomorrow!
Now I'm off to watch Pretty Little Liars on Hulu and ride the exercise bike.
Do you read any of the blogs I recommended?
Do you have any interesting facts about yourself to share? I'd love to hear some!