Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award; Dr. Praeger's Veggie Burgers

Thank you to Madeleine for nominating me for a stylish blogger award! I'm psyched! Apparently this means I need to:

Make a post and link back to the person who awarded me - Madeleine.
Share seven things about myself.
Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
Contact these bloggers and tell them they've won.

Whew. That's a lot of facts and bloggers!

Seven facts about me that you may not already know...
1) I was born in Schwäbisch Hall, Germany, and German was my first language.
2) My first acting role was my star turn at age 4 as Thumbelina in Hans Christian Andersen's Fairytales at the Army Community Theater in Fort Knox, Kentucky. I got lots of fan mail from elementary school students forced to see the show!
3) I am obsessed with languages, and besides German and English I have studied or know many languages to a certain degree (some better than others): Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, French, Italian, Arabic, Swahili, ASL, and Russian.
4) I don't really ever want to get married, have kids, or own a house. But I accept that I may change my mind on any of these things.
5) I worked at a movie theater in high school and made $5.15 an hour and never got a raise.
6) I have a really raunchy, stupid, and sarcastic sense of humor and I attempt to constantly censor myself so I don't offend people, ruin all my relationships, and jeopardize my future.
7) I've looked exactly the same since I was 15. I also haven't grown an inch since I was 12.

Proof - Me in 2005/2006


Me a couple weeks ago:



I'm going to nominate a couple people who probably already got the award or would have no interest in such an award, so obviously they don't have to do it, but I still want to recognize them and publicize them because I love their blogs. Shout-out time.

1) Melanie at The Streets I Know - a vegan fashion blog!
2) Vulgar wheat at Hyper-Nerdy Veganism, all about eating vegan in college.
3) Kayla at Babe in Soyland. I just discovered this blog and it has the cutest 70's theme.
4) Andrew/VegMuffinMan. Right now he's doing a Veganomicon challenge.
5) AJ at Queer Vegan Runner. I'm pretty sure she's already had this honor bestowed but seriously, just read that blog title. She's cool.
6) Faith at Lovely As Charged. (not all vegan, btw) She's just an open, honest person.
7) Madeline at Me and Chew. I know her in real life eeek!
8) Netty at Veganes Tagebuch. It's in German, y'all.
9) Frollein Holle at Tierfrei-Mampfen. Another German blog.
10) Raw-Girl at Raw Girl in Mumbai. She's a raw vegan in Mumbai now tell me you are not interested!
11) Elaine at Clothed Much. I just discovered this blog - it's a modest fashion blog. As in, dressing modestly. I'm not religious or particularly modest but I think it's cool.
12) Jesse at jesse.anne.o. Vegan fashion, plus, she wears flats. Yeahh.
13) The Kid of Kid in the Front Row. It's a film blog, because I'm allowed to have more interests, mmkay?
14) Liz at ¡Yo Soy! She's also an LA vegan in the entertainment industry say whaaat!
15) Whitney at Eco-Vegan Gal. She's eco-friendly, vegan, and in LA.

Arghh that was hard! I tried to mention blogs without a ton of attention because it's fun to find new blogs, not just publicize popular ones, and I'm not sure how well I did. I tried. So if I didn't include your blog, it's because you are just too popular.

Today I met my PowerGroup buddy at Starbucks to discuss our career accomplishments and goals. Then I went to Trader Joe's to pick up some veggie burgers that they were out of yesterday. I've come to realize that I need some easy food around because I don't know when I'm going to be on the run and need something easy.



Nice ingredient list, eh? Let's check out the burg itself.


It's green!

The taste reminded me somewhat of chik patties. I liked it.

Pros:
Obviously, I love that these burgers are totally made out of veggies. They are veg-tastic.
Cost less than $3.50 a box at TJ's.
You don't even need condiments. They tasty.

Cons:
They totally fall apart. But, I cooked it in the microwave and you are not supposed to do that, so I'm sure it's my fault.
They're higher in fat than I would like.

All in all, I recommend them and I enjoyed them quite a bit.

In other news, thank you so much to Averie - I won some stevia in her giveaway! I can't wait to blog about it when I get it. =)

I must be on a lucky streak, because I won a free month of acting classes at the Actors Workout Studio from a raffle at ActorFest and my first class is tomorrow!

Now I'm off to watch Pretty Little Liars on Hulu and ride the exercise bike.

Do you read any of the blogs I recommended?
Do you have any interesting facts about yourself to share? I'd love to hear some!

16 comments:

  1. Dr Praegers are the only veggie burgers I eat, I like the clean ingredients list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for nominating me!

    I'm on a lucky streak too - I won a mammoth 'World of Cakes' book on another blog - now dont know what to do with it as all of them contain eggs and milk :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am super impressed with your gift for languages- wish I had that talent, I need to work at it & it's slow going...I also like the praeger's but that do totally fall apart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I haven't been nominated for this award and I've never been "tagged" in another blog for something like this. It's quite an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great to read a little about you!
    I worked in a movie theater during high school too---I ate way too much popcorn and junior mints!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maryann - I agree. But I don't think I'd serve them to guests.

    Raw_Girl - You're welcome! And I'm sure you can veganize those recipes. Flax eggs and almond milk to the rescue!

    Vko - Thank you :) It does take work, but as soon as you learn one language it makes it easier to learn the next one.

    AJ - I'm glad you're honored. I just figured you were so popular you would have already been nominated!

    Lisa - I can't even smell popcorn anymore without feeling a bit queasy. I think the majority of my diet junior year of high school was popcorn and blue icees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Erika! Thanks so much for your comment today... and every comment you leave. And thanks for telling me to check out your blog; it's really terrific. I especially love your "about me" because you sound so much like me!
    Happy Tuesday, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the nice comment, Katie! I agree, I think we have a lot in common!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much for nominating me. I had a few stressful days and this really cheered me up! :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. NIIIICE that you found a good frozen veggie burger- they're usually so processed... i'll have to look for those at TJ's next time. Loved reading your facts :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Netty - I'm glad I could lift your spirits a bit! Your blog is awesome and you definitely deserve it!

    Madeleine - So true, I think this is the cleanest ingredient list I've found.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for the nomination! I'm glad to have come across your blog! I have some parsnips aging away in my fridge right now and I think I am going to try roasting them with garam masala like you did--great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Erika!

    How did I not know about your blog before?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Also, I forgot to point this one out:

    "2) My first acting role was my star turn at age 4 as Thumbelina in Hans Christian Andersen's Fairytales at the Army Community Theater in Fort Knox, Kentucky. I got lots of fan mail from elementary school students forced to see the show!"

    That could not be any more adorable. Also I love it because that was my baby-nickname.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Liz - You're welcome! Glad I could help you out :)

    Jesse.anne.o - Hahha thanks. I should find a picture one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Erika I just found your blog through one of your readers who posted a comment on my blog. So glad she lead me here and thanks for the nomination. I'm adding your blog to my daily fashion blog fix section. cheers!

    ReplyDelete