Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Introducing Mini Movie Reviews

My diet has mostly consisted of this



and this



And I've been feeling great! Mmm, I missed cereal.

Yesterday I went to an event at The Actors Network and a workshop with the associate casting director of 90210. I love that show and it was fun to hear everyone read scenes from it.

In between those events I stopped in Whole Foods and bought a few necessities.



I had a coupon for $3 off Alba Acnedote products so I bought this scrub. I've talked before about using coconut oil as lotion. I bought one jar in March and it just ran out. This jar cost $7, making it about 49 cents per oz - that's approximately half the price per ounce of most lotions. And lastly, I'm going to try out this toothpaste that was on sale.

I realize I've been talking about movies a lot lately, so I decided to make a new feature. May I introduce:

Mini Movie Reviews

Yesterday I watched two movies - first up, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead. This adaptation of the play by Tom Stoppard explores the story of Hamlet from the perspective of two minor characters, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. The pace can be a bit slow and it might be funnier in play form but the writing is so funny that I wished I were taking notes to write down some of the hilarious lines. Richard Dreyfuss plays the leader of a theater troupe who dispenses nuggets of wisdom about acting, theater, and life.

I also watched the movie Rosenstra├če, a German movie about an American German woman exploring her past by meeting an Aryan woman who stood by her German husband during WWII and the Rosenstrasse protest. It was good and the only thing I would say didn't work was trying to pass off a German actress as American. There's just no hiding that accent.



Today I have a callback for the audition I went on last Friday (I guess your good luck wishes worked!) and tonight I'm going to The Actors Network holiday party!


Do you have any favorite beauty products you want to recommend? Any good movies you've seen lately?

2 comments:

  1. A callback sounds so exciting. I've got my fingers crossed that you get the part :-)

    I don't have a favorite beauty product, but I'm currently loving Simply Divine Botanicals How Now Brown Cacao Skin Softening Body Dessert. It smells heavenly. I might post about it soon on the Natural Zing website. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you =)
    That sounds good enough to eat! Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete