Friday, December 3, 2010

Fashion Friday: Beyond Skin

I had an unexpectedly busy day yesterday. I was at The Actors Network learning about publicity from 4:30 to 6 when I got an e-mail saying a last-minute spot had opened up in a free casting director workshop from 9 to 11. I never pass up free so I took the time to catch up on some errands, including dawdling at the West Hollywood Whole Foods for about an hour and a half.

I saw frozen Tofurky pizzas -



I didn't buy any but it was just kind of a "Hey, we have what the cool kids have" moment. Oh, you like frozen pizza with Italian sausage? There's a vegan version of that!

I got some salad/hot bar food for dinner.



That's multiple types of salad with some kind of veggie goulash. I know people talk about Whole Foods being expensive, but this cost me $5 and I'd rather eat this delicious cornucopia of veggies than a "five dollar footlong."

And now, I'd like to introduce a new little feature I've devised -- Fashion Fridays. I've written a little bit about vegan fashion before, like my Melie Bianco bag and my blue sparkly Converse from Target and I'd like to keep the spotlight on beautiful vegan clothes and shoes. Today I'm featuring Beyond Skin. I don't really like the name because it sounds kind of gross but it makes a great point that shoes do not have to be made out of skin!






I bought these shoes on sale over a year ago - I think they were about $40. They have a cool fabric texture that makes them unique. I wish I had a picture of me wearing them but I can't seem to find one. So, that's it. Short and sweet.

The trailer for "Frankie and Alice" (the Halle Berry movie I saw on Wednesday) was just released. I figured I'd share it with you:




And now I need to go prep for my audition this afternoon.

What are your weekend plans?

6 comments:

  1. Good luck at the audition!! I love your fashion friday! Your whole foods dinner looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still loving and missing wholefoods...boo hoo, Good luck for your audition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the fashion tip on shoes -- show us some more great pairs you own to inspire us! And thanks for the Halle Berry clip, too. Other than your blog, I hadn't heard anything about the movie yet. Certainly looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to try that tofurky pizza!!!! Someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your audition went well!

    1.5 hours at Whole Foods? That may just be a new record. :)

    Totally agree on Second Skin - what a strange/unappealing name for a company??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the good luck wishes! And I'm glad you guys like Fashion Friday =)

    ReplyDelete