Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tomato Basil Soup

Pretty chill day today. I watched the first disc of Mad Men season 1 and I'm glad to finally be in on the hype surrounding that show. It is really good!

I made a couple really easy dishes today.

Tomato Basil Soup

1 can plum tomatoes
1 tsp garlic
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/3 cup frozen peas
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tsp 21 Seasoning Powder
1 cup veggie broth
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp black pepper

Cut tomatoes and add to a pot along with the tomato juice. Add remaining ingredients, tweak seasonings to taste, and heat through.



I also roasted up a tomato, an Asian eggplant, and two onions. I seasoned with 21 Seasoning Powder and balsamic vinegar. I roasted them at 425 for 30 minutes and thought (what I usually think) - "Couldn't these be more burnt?" So I turned it up to 500 for 15 more minutes. Ahhh slightly burnt onions are so freakin' good.



Do you like burnt food? I'm such a weirdo but I like my roasted veggies extremely roasty and my roommate thinks I'm gross for eating the burnt parts of my food. Heheh I just like it, can't help myself.

2 comments:

  1. I like the burnt part of veggies too. Especially grilled veggies. Too bad we didn't get a chance to talk more. It sounds like we have quite a bit in common. Hoosiers who love to play pretend. Hopefully next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the comment you left me about all the great things youve had going on...congrats!

    sounds so fun!

    :)

    ReplyDelete