Thursday, August 12, 2010

Spicy Tempeh Stir-Fry and Broccoli Pasta

I've been having a great stay here in Kansas!

Yesterday I went with my mom and step-grandma to see The Kids Are All Right, a new movie with Annette Bening, Julianne Moore, and Mark Ruffalo. It was really good and gave us all a lot to think about later.

Two nights ago my mom and I made an awesome stir-fry.

Spicy Tempeh Stir-Fry

2 cups maitake mushrooms
1/2 onion
1 block tempeh, chopped
3 pattypan squash, diced
1 bunch kale, chopped
4-5 tbsp Neera's Vegetable Chutney

Stir-fry the onion and mushrooms first, then add tempeh, then squash, and kale last. Add chutney to taste but watch out - this brand is spicy.



This is the chutney we used second from left. All the way on the left is the pasta sauce we used for last night's dinner.



Last night's dinner was super quick - we stir-fried some mushrooms and a whole head of broccoli, then added the entire jar of pasta sauce, two bags of Pastaslim noodles, and a few slices of chopped up Field Roast Lentil Sage deli slices. The noodles are made out of tofu with some spinach powder, and they're very similar to Shirataki noodles.



Have you seen any good movies lately?

2 comments:

  1. Stir-fry broccoli pasta? Sign me up! This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It really was good. I can't stand going to restaurants and they put a sprinkling of veggies on their "veggie pasta." I like more veggies than pasta!

    ReplyDelete