Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Kale, Corn, and Maitake Stir-Fry

I had a wilty-looking bunch of kale and a somewhat old corn on the cob in the fridge yesterday so I made a nice stir-fry.

I first put in a bunch of garlic, my remaining maitake mushrooms and cut the corn off the cob right into the pot.



Then I tore the kale off and added it and seasoned it all with some Caribbean jerk seasoning.



Then I ate half of it it like colcannon, mashed with a potato and nutritional yeast.



In the afternoon I went with my dad to Home Depot because he needed to buy some crown molding for his room. It was 17 feet long and he just stuck it out the back of his truck! After this picture was taken he tied it together with orange bungee cords so it would be visible to traffic but it still felt like a pretty silly thing to do.



For dinner I made myself a lovely salad and talked to my mom on Skype!

There's lettuce, radishes, carrots, mixed beans, parsley, chives, and red bell pepper, and I ate it with more Indian curry hummus.

Today I had the rest of my kale/corn/mushroom melange cold out of the fridge for breakfast and another salad for lunch and some fresh strawberries for a snack.

I've got some exciting posts coming up this week because I'm making dinner for my family every night! Most of my recipes are coming out of The Vegan Table by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. I tried to pick things that my dad and step-mom would like and that wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them. My step-mom doesn't like Indian food, peppers, or olives, and my dad doesn't like beans, eggplant, olives... the list goes on. Cooking without beans will make me rather sad but I'm going to do my best. Tonight is Pad Thai and Dark Leafy Greens with Sesame Miso Dressing. So stay tuned to see how it goes!

I also wanted to let you know about a new blog I found and really like - http://lovelyascharged.wordpress.com/. The author is just vegetarian and not vegan but it's a cool blog, there's some very personal info about overcoming disordered eating, and she loves the NFL.

Oh and guess what? Baby brother took his first steps today. Whoop whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment