Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Oh My, Dehydrated Fruit

Lots of pictures for you today!

I busted the dehydrator back out last night (OK, it's always on the counter) and I made some great stuff. And then I ate all of it today. I dehydrated some apple chips, strawberries, and a kiwi, and a tray of fruit leather. The fruit leather was made of several clementines that needed to be eaten, a couple figs, a kiwi, some strawberries (tops and all), and then some spirulina, which made it green. I also made a bunch of kale into kale chips. My first kale chip venture was not fantastic, but also not horrible. I definitely need more practice.

Kale chips with noochy sauce.

Dehydrated fruit, fresh on the screen.

YUM fruit leather. I ate all of this today.

So what else did I do today? Lots of exercise. Lots. First I did my usual 1/2 hour walk to and from my 1 hour Cardio Barre class -- so that's two hours right there. Then I came home for about an hour and a half and had some lunch. I ate this:

A purple smoothie with berries and spirulina.
Then I went on a two-hour long walk. So all together, that's four hours of exercise. I have a nagging hip injury and it really started hurting during the walk and it's driving me crazy. It's killing me and I can't figure out how to make this darn injury GO AWAY! It's been bugging me on and off for a year. :(

After my walk I went to Whole Foods to grab some apples. I really, really love apples and have realized that I need to eat one a day. Every time I eat one I think, "Hey! Why don't I eat more of these?" I think I have this strange idea that apples are to-go food and so I only ever eat them out of the house. I need to get it in my head that it's totally acceptable to eat apples any ole time.
Anyhow, I saw Tia Carrere (of Wayne's World fame) at Whole Foods and she was looking very lovely. Then when I was going out to my car she walked out, as well, and was loading groceries into her car when BAM out popped this dirty, quasi-homeless-looking man holding a big ole camera and started taking pictures of her loading up her groceries. It was very funny. So, I had my first paparazzi sighting today. I also lucked out while I was out WF because they were giving out samples of fruit salad. Yay!



After that thrilling encounter I went to tutoring and then to Target, where I bought another coffee grinder for my flaxseeds as well as a big bowl for my salads. My last coffee grinder suddenly bit the dust, which made me realize that I probably need to just stop being so cheap and buy a slightly better model.

Then I came home and watched LOST and V yayayay. By the way, Morris Chestnut is awesome. If I was going to describe the best-looking man I could think of, it would be him. On top of that, he is a super fine actor. For dinner I ate a broccoli mash that I made last night -- it has a head of broccoli (stems and all), garlic, nutritional yeast, a little bit of brazil nuts and hemp seeds, and a bunch of fresh basil. I ate about half of it and it was really good.


Dessert was a banana mashed with raw cacao powder and a cup of St. John's Wort tea.

Now I need to go to bed because I have an audition in the morning and then a hike in Runyon Canyon with a friend. Let's hope this old achy body makes it!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete